Software version

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JSJSJS

Software version

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 7:47 pm

Could someone tell me the what the newest software version is for the atem television studio HD is please? (I've downloaded and installed 8.6 on my computer but my atem still says 8.1.1.... is that because the newer software is only for atem minis etc?)

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Software version

PostSat Feb 20, 2021 12:01 am

Hello Jonathan. I would recommend installing ATEM 7.5.2 Software on your computer and installing the firmware on the Television Studio via USB connection. The newer versions have caused some issues with the Television Studio. Note when installing any version of Blackmagic software, the device will only install the latest version that it uses from that software. This will not necessarily match the number but be assured that the latest version of firmware suitable for the device will be installed. This is sometimes confusing but, once understood should not be a problem. It is not possible to force a device to install a particular number if it is not suitable for that device. Stay safe.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

djlevi

PostWed Mar 24, 2021 5:31 am

Hello Gary. I am using an ATEM Television Studio. The original one not the HD. What version of the ATEM Software Control do you suggest that I use. I am currently using 7.2. Thank you.

Shawn Lam

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 1:51 pm

I have seen a few recommendations to keep my firmware at 7.52 or something similar for the TVS Studio Pro 4k. This was fine before I bought an ATEM Mini and ATEM Mini Extreme ISO.

Reverting the software on the computer back and forth is obviously not something I want to constantly do, especialliy as I move my switchers between different computers and laptops, depending on the application.

Are the latest firmwares stable on teh TVS Studio Pro 4K or should I still continue with this non-sense of having uninstall and reinstall two different versions on my computers constantly.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Hello Shawn. On the Television Studio Pro 4K you should be able to install the latest firmware it will take and use the latest software.

Regards. Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Shawn Lam

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Thanks Gary. Great to hear. This should make things much easier when moving between switchers and computers.

Return to Live Production