Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Sanghyun Park

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • Location: Seoul, Korea

Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Hello all.
As I test my ursa broadcast camera with a Fujinon lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28, I don't get an iris value from the lens as shown.
Is there anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 398 times
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User
Offline

Denny Smith

  • Posts: 12957
  • Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Location: USA, Northern Calif.

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostSat Feb 20, 2021 2:50 am

Do you have the iris set to manual or Auto, if I remember correctly, uli need to have it set to auto to get the display.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions
Offline

Sanghyun Park

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • Location: Seoul, Korea

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 8:01 am

Of course, I set it Auto.

Thanks.
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User
Offline
User avatar

Tobias Dieterich

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am
  • Location: Friedrichshafen, Germany

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Can you control the iris using the ATEM? Maybe changing between serial and analog mode on the lens can make a difference.

See https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77193&p=445456&hilit=ha13#p445660
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de
Offline

Egor Voronin

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 am

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Yes, you need to change analog / digital communication.
This is changed by toggling the toggle switches at the front of the lens handle.
Offline

Sanghyun Park

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • Location: Seoul, Korea

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 11:58 pm

Tobias Dieterich wrote:Can you control the iris using the ATEM? Maybe changing between serial and analog mode on the lens can make a difference.

See https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77193&p=445456&hilit=ha13#p445660


===> Thanks but the link seems not working. Could you please repost after checking it?
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User
Offline

Sanghyun Park

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • Location: Seoul, Korea

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 12:10 am

Egor Voronin wrote:Yes, you need to change analog / digital communication.
This is changed by toggling the toggle switches at the front of the lens handle.


As shown in the pictures attached, now the numbers 1,4,5 are ON just like other HA lenses which are working fine with URSA broadcast. Unfortunately, only this lens does not working properly with iris.
Could you please tell me which pin needs to change?
Attachments
20210219_1113242222222222222.jpg
20210219_1113242222222222222.jpg (849.63 KiB) Viewed 175 times
20210219_11123611111111111.jpg
20210219_11123611111111111.jpg (360.02 KiB) Viewed 175 times
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 10:19 pm

I'm having troubles with B4 lenses since I have my Ursa: sometimes it doesn't give iris numbers, sometimes the auto iris doesn't work, sometimes iris closes automatically, sometimes I can't control the lens by the Atem software control and so on. I think Ursa and B4 is still not a good combination yet, Blackmagic have lot's of work to do. I did e-mail them a lot about this problems but still no solution.
By the way, my Ursa is replaced because of these problems but it didn't help solving the problems.
Offline
User avatar

Tobias Dieterich

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am
  • Location: Friedrichshafen, Germany

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Sanghyun Park wrote:
Tobias Dieterich wrote:Can you control the iris using the ATEM? Maybe changing between serial and analog mode on the lens can make a difference.

See https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77193&p=445456&hilit=ha13#p445660


===> Thanks but the link seems not working. Could you please repost after checking it?


Strange, it is working for me...

In this thread I posted a link with details on how to change the settings on the lens. It's a little more than just flipping the dip switches.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachments ... ameras.pdf
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de
Offline

Sanghyun Park

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • Location: Seoul, Korea

Re: Fujinon Lens HA20x77.8BERM-M28 does not give iris value

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Tobias Dieterich wrote:
Sanghyun Park wrote:
Tobias Dieterich wrote:Can you control the iris using the ATEM? Maybe changing between serial and analog mode on the lens can make a difference.

See https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77193&p=445456&hilit=ha13#p445660


===> Thanks but the link seems not working. Could you please repost after checking it?


Strange, it is working for me...

In this thread I posted a link with details on how to change the settings on the lens. It's a little more than just flipping the dip switches.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachments ... ameras.pdf



Oh, now I got the document finally.
I will try to enable the serial communication of the lens by following the procedure.
Thanks a lot.
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User

Return to Live Production

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hylkepylke and 21 guests