Web Presenter HD - Record to USB Drive like ATEM Mini?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

philipmeuschke

Web Presenter HD - Record to USB Drive like ATEM Mini?

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 7:21 pm

I was wondering if the new/updated Web Presenter HD has the ability to record the program feed to a USB drive connected to one of the USB-C ports, like the ATEM Mini Pro/Extreme product family?

Or if it does not include that feature (yet), is that something that could possibly be added with a future firmware update?

I have not been able to find a definitive answer to that question anywhere in the original product reveal/keynote presentation video from a few days ago, on the BMD website, in the documentation/manual for the new Web Presenter HD, or on this forum. (If I missed that info somewhere, though, my apologies - please simply point me in the correct direction.)

(Additional Background Info:)
For our church's livestream setup, we have currently have an ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K running into an SDI-to-HDMI micro-converter, and then running into an ATEM Mini Pro. We then use the Ethernet port to send our livestream to our CDN (content distribution network), and we record that same program feed to a USB drive connected to the ATEM Mini Pro.

But now that the Web Presenter HD is available, it would be nice to be able to run SDI directly into the Web Presenter HD and be able to livestream over ethernet/RTMP (and record that stream for backup/archival purposes via a USB drive) using that device, thus somewhat simplifying our signal chain and removing one extra potential failure point from that chain (SDI-to-HDMI conversion).

(Plus, we could then use the ATEM Mini Pro we currently have as a video switcher & livestream encoder for other projects/in another location in the building.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance anyone can provide on that matter! :-)

- Philip
DR Studio 17.0 Beta 8 (Build 27)
15" MacBook Pro (2016)
CPU: 2.9 GHz Quad-Core i7
RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Radeon Pro 460 (4 GB)
Storage: 2 TB internal SSD

MicahW

Re: Web Presenter HD - Record to USB Drive like ATEM Mini?

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 7:35 pm

It does not appear to. It simply is a web encoder, with a webcam output as well.

Return to Live Production