Ultimatte 12 Troubleshooting

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ijschrad

Ultimatte 12 Troubleshooting

PostWed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 am

Hi! I'm looking for some help with setting up our Ultimatte 12. I was able to get it working several months ago, but it's been gathering dust since. After reconnecting everything, I can't seem to select the Ultimatte from the Smart Remote 4. The firmware is up to date. I can see my FG source via the loop out without problem. The SR4 "sees" the Ultimatte since the number 1 on the status bar is green. When I hit the unit button nothing happens. The reference source indicator is red and the backing color is black, which seems like maybe the issue lies therein? But I've tried just about every flavor of input into the FG in, as well as the REF in, and still can't "Select a Main Unit". 30p, 59.94p, coming directly out of the camera, coming from the switcher, using a Decimator. No dice. What am I missing? Thanks for any help!

Ron Ungerman

Blackmagic Design

Re: Ultimatte 12 Troubleshooting

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Try using Auto Dectect

brandora

Re: Ultimatte 12 Troubleshooting

PostThu May 06, 2021 5:10 pm

having the exact same issue. both ultimattes show on the sr4 remote as green but cannot be selected. the settings i had for each of the ultimattes also appears to be reset as my ptz is grey and people are cutout and black looking. the other camera is blown out so you cant see any video footage. i cannot access either ultimattes settings thru the sr4 and i have no idea what else to try.

ive verified that all 3 devices are all on same network, are working, have power cycled everything, and still nothing. dont know why the remote can see both ultimattes but not select them. i'm not sure where the problem is but i suspect is with the remote but have no way to verify it. what should I try?

Return to Live Production