ATEM Mini Extreme Default XML File Needed

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

RMChad

ATEM Mini Extreme Default XML File Needed

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 5:54 am

Please upload a default configuration file for the ATEM Mini Extreme if you have one.

I recently got an Extreme and I restored an XLM config file from my Mini Pro, but it left me with a program view that only shows cameras 5-8. I can't find a way to reset this, so I'm looking for an Extreme default config file.

Thanks for the help!

RMChad

Re: ATEM Mini Extreme Default XML File Needed

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 1:48 pm

I have not found a way around the config issue yet. If you have an ATEM Mini Extreme XML config file, please send it to me.

Or, is there a hardware reset on an ATEM Mini? Thanks! -Chad

Mark Foster

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 4:49 pm

reset startupstate in the ATEM software control
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

RMChad

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 pm

I tried resetting the startup state first, but it makes not difference. The only XML config file for it to find is the one for the Mini Pro. I should have first saved one for the Extreme, but I didn't.

DanielVideo

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 pm

RMChad wrote:but it left me with a program view that only shows cameras 5-8

I think this is the problem: The atem mini extreme can change the multiview layout. Settings > Multiview > View control. Click on the top left part of that icon, to toggle between 1 or 4 inputs visible. Or you can also place inputs 1-4 on another position in the multiview, for example instead of inputs 5-8.

See this video, at 19:35.
Daniël Haarsma
ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD | ATEM SDI Extreme ISO | ATEM TVS | Decklink cards (...)

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Hello Chad. When you say only shows 5-8, do you mean in the Multiview? If so, simply select what cameras and views you want in each of the windows using the setup and save that. This should be easy to sort out if we know what exactly you are referring to. Stay safe.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

RMChad

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 2:10 am

Thanks Gary and Daniel ! I'll give that a try soon. I also discovered how to do a hardware reset that I will also try, which is to hold the Mic 1 On button and then apply power.

achugh

PostWed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 am

RMChad, did you find a solution to your problem?

I made the same mistake and now my ATEM Mini Extreme does not highlight the buttons when I make changes from the ATEM Software and vice versa. I am also not able to use SuperSource from the ATEM Software however the SuperSource buttons on the ATEM Hardware work in their default configuration of 1 Box and 2 Box.

I am working with customer support via email but it is slow. They told me to try the reset by holding MIC 1 ON button and then plugging in the power without USB-C cable connected. This make my MIC 1 ON button blink in red and the ATEM Fan spinning at full speed. However when I connect the USB-C cable, the ATEM SETUP software is not detecting the ATEM Hardware and I am not able to trigger a reset as a final step. Disconnecting the power and connecting the power back again makes the ATEM Mini Extreme work in the previous state in which it is stuck.

I am also looking for a good export of the ATEM MINI Export XML file. My best guess is that the ID values in EXTREME have changed and the manual should have called out to NOT import a PRO file or the ATEM Software should have prevented this import. Now I am stuck and there is no easy way to get out of it other than shipping back the hardware as defective.

DrManberrys

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 3:53 am

If you manage to get a clean xml file I would really appreciate a copy. I stupidly did the same thing trying to bring across all the macros I had set up.

Fornez

PostWed May 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Would love to have this as a backup if anyone has it

Return to Live Production