ATEM mini extreme ISO audio issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

zebrafilm

ATEM mini extreme ISO audio issue

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 10:28 am

We had our ATEM for over a week now and done 3 shows with it. Happy with the upgrade from our non extreme version but we also ran into an audio issue:

After about 1,5 hour running our audio intermittently drops for a few seconds and this keeps happening for about 3-10 minutes (feels like eternity) . First time I thought it was the connector to MIC1 / line input but the second time we wired everything double and added a HDMI through the camera. As soon as it happened again I switch to alternative inputs but it was the same. After the first problems it runs for a while ok but yesterday it started again around the 2.5 hour mark.

Ventilator runs normal, no excessive heat or load (2 camera's) running ISO to T5 disk.
All sound levels normal with some compressor and limiter switched on.
Basically exactly the same setup we used with the "non" extreme ISO that was there before.
Since it is clearly not a connector it feels like the board is heating up and something breaks there. Could be the board or a component but at least at the mixer area or after.

We will need to send this unit back and see if another one has no issues but it seems worth mentioning here in case it pops-up more frequently.

Of course we are on the latest software and firmware versions.

PS is there a 'wish list / suggestion area? I would love to be able to give the buttons that are not active a bit of basic 'glow' so I can still read them in the dark.

Modeste diyombi

Re: ATEM mini extreme ISO audio issue

PostMon Dec 26, 2022 11:14 am

Hello,
I have an Atem mini extreme iso purchased on Nov 26, 2021 on Amazon.fr and I had no particular concerns until last week.

The problem: During the Christmas demonstration, we made connections as usual "Audio cable on MIC1" and the cameras on HDMI...
Then all of a sudden the Audio flicker from MIC1 froze.

I restarted the Atem and since this action, I no longer have any sound flickering either on the MIC1/2 inputs or on any HDMI input.

Videos don't have a problem.

Is that bad ? Has anyone encountered this pb before? How to fix it, if possible? Thanks for your help.

Modeste

HighLive

PostFri Jan 06, 2023 6:14 am

Modeste diyombi wrote:Hello,
I have an Atem mini extreme iso purchased on Nov 26, 2021 on Amazon.fr and I had no particular concerns until last week.

The problem: During the Christmas demonstration, we made connections as usual "Audio cable on MIC1" and the cameras on HDMI...
Then all of a sudden the Audio flicker from MIC1 froze.

I restarted the Atem and since this action, I no longer have any sound flickering either on the MIC1/2 inputs or on any HDMI input.

Videos don't have a problem.

Is that bad ? Has anyone encountered this pb before? How to fix it, if possible? Thanks for your help.

Modeste

Hello, I have an Atem mini pro ISO and have the same problem as you. Also on a Christmas Greatest Gift Festival i connected the mic1 to the audio panel cameras to the HDMI ports. After 10 minutes the audio was gone. After rebooting still no audio on all the HDMI channels and MIC1 and MIC2 no sound flickering. I updated to the latest FW and also downgraded it to v8.40. Still the same result, no audio.
Did you found a solution to this problem ? Does anyone now how to resolve this?

Kind regards

Gunther

misko_mtc

PostFri Mar 08, 2024 6:29 am

I got the same problem with mine Atem Mini Pro ISO. No sound at all from any of the inputs. I did update to latest firmware via recovery mode but still nothing.
Did some solved this?

Regards,
Milos

misko_mtc

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 pm

Anyone? :)

Return to Live Production