Atem Television st pro 4K and supersource

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

FredYassineBro

Atem Television st pro 4K and supersource

PostSun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Hello,
I have the ATEM television STUDIO PRO 4K and I would like to be able to do multi-screen news shows. Does supersource work on this machine. I saw a tutorial from A2Z production which offers a code to put in the Macro. Does it work? not knowing much, if anyone can help me that would be great.

Good night
Fred

Klassen

Re: Atem Television st pro 4K and supersource

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm

I'm wondering the same thing, Is it possible to use the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K along with SuperSource?

eMilty

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 pm

No, SuperSource is only supported on the ATEM Mini Extreme, ATEM 2M/E, ATEM 4M/E and ATEM Constellation.

Klassen

PostSun Jan 30, 2022 5:53 pm

eMilty wrote:No, SuperSource is only supported on the ATEM Mini Extreme, ATEM 2M/E, ATEM 4M/E and ATEM Constellation.

Is it possible that it will get added in the future, or is it a hardware deficiency with the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K?

Asgeir Hustad

PostThu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 am

It's a serious value add, I don't expect BMD to add it to their old, "lower-tier" switchers. It may appear in a new switcher in the same target market, but it's also one of the things that make people upgrade, even if they don't need all the inputs of a larger switcher.

codedeltajames

PostThu Feb 03, 2022 10:19 am

It's very unlikely that there is sufficient hardware in the Studio Pro 4K to provide supersource as an upgrade.

Remember the entire Atem range is designed around hardware to do specific functions, rather than a general purpose processor that can be repurposed at will. Internal signal flow in the Atem range literally depends on the right chips being wired together, not a few lines of code. Adding features to older switchers depends on there already being the right connections and a more expensive chip happening to be on the board in the right place than was originally needed and that it has spare resources.

Return to Live Production