Anyone on this planet able to connect gopro 9 with Atem mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

FRHell

Gopro 9 Problems with the Atem Mini

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 11:12 am

Gopro 9 to the Blackmagic Atem Mini

I have various cameras connected to the Atem Mini and they work flawlessly. Problem remains the Gopro 9, everything remains black.

Connected the Gopro with a JSAUX USB C to HDMI cable 3M(4K@60Hz), Type C to HDMI cable [Thunderbolt 3 Compatible] for MacBook Pro. This works with various phones without any problems.

Where is the error? Breath is currently updated. Or do you need the Media Mod to have an HDMI output that Atem recognizes correctly?

abba2566

Re: Gopro 9 Problems with the Atem Mini

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 3:50 pm

I don't know about this specifically, but does it work if you add something else in the chain between the go pro and the ATEM Mini?

I was having an issue with a capture card picking up the HDMI signal from a streaming bridge, and I used a HDMI splitter I had lying around and then it worked.
(Ie. HDMI from go pro to splitter, HDMI from splitter to ATEM - mine did need USB power to work though)

Maybe try with something like that, or even with a field monitor that has HDMI pass through?

FRHell

Re: Gopro 9 Problems with the Atem Mini

PostThu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 am

thanks for your input

FRHell

Anyone on this planet able to connect gopro 9 with Atem mini

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi at all

Is there anyone who is able to connect a gopro hero 9 with the atem mini streamer?

Configuration is hero9 + media mod connected with HDMI to the Atem Mini. Result: Black Screen and no Blackmagic, i have asked the support from blackmagic but seems that they are not willing to help.

thanks

Dickon Whitehead

Re: Anyone on this planet able to connect gopro 9 with Atem

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 6:06 pm

I suspect the ops problem was using a usb c to HDMI cable. The Gopro does not output video hdmi signal from its usb c port.
Need to use a micro hdmi to hdmi cable instead.
Having said that I am having an issue with a hero8 GoPro that produces an odd picture when connected by hdmi into my original 5" 1080 video assist. In my case I get a portion of the bottom edge displayed at the top. Not really ideal although could be cropped in post. Same cables (I have tried a few) work fine into another Feelworld hdmi monitor.
27" 2013 iMac, 3.4GHz i5, 24gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
Yosemite Os

ManchesterV

Re: Anyone on this planet able to connect gopro 9 with Atem

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 pm

You need the Media Mod.

You also need to set the output to 1080p.

See from around 4mins in
video.

Return to Live Production