Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro, split screen ability?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

daddytroopa

Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro, split screen ability?

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I usually try to make a point of participating more in a message forum before I start asking questions. I know this is my first post, but I'm hoping to get some support for an ATEM Mini Pro that I'm planning to purchase.

A bit of background info. In 3 weeks, I've been tasks to live streaming a company presentation on youtube. I've done this before by attaching 3 web cams and 25' USB cables to a single Windows 10 PC running OBS Studio which connects to Youtube.

This time, I'm not able to locate the computer in the middle of the multipurpose room, that means, it will be over 80' between the cameras and the computer. So I've located Hollyland Mars 400S devices. I understand a camera connects to the Hollyland transmitter, the receiver connects to the ATEM Mini Pro, and the Mini pro connects to the OBS Studio computer.

I watched a number of videos on the Mini Pro, but I have some questions

Questions
- I need to do a 2 and 3 way screen split for my presentation. Can the Mini Pro display 2 or 3 video inputs at the same time? Ie: not PiP, but 3 equal sized screens from 3 live cameras?

- Is there a way to get 2,3,4 camera inputs INTO my OBS computer at the same time or do I need another Mini Pro?

- I was able to do this last year with web cameras using the OBS Software to split and resize the screen. Can Mini Pro software can resize the screen, can I click and drag around the screens?

- Can the mini pro give me a split screen that looks like this:

- Am I correct that the mini pro doesn't replace OBS Studio? I cannot livestream to Youtube directly from the Mini Pro software correct?

Thank you kindly for any guidance you can provide!

Return to Live Production