Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt and component signal issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

reedpm

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt and component signal issue

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi all:

I'm looking to capture a component video signal from a Canon XHA1s camera to a MacBook Pro computer using Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt. I'm currently unable to do this.

I can successfully feed a component signal from the camera's Component Out breakout cable to an HD monitor, as well as to my H.264 Pro Recorder (and then USB 3.0 to my MacBook). Using the H.264 Pro Recorder in Media Express, I am able to Log and Capture a 1080 signal from the camera. (Media Express reports that it receives a 1920x1080p 29.97 signal directly from the camera, plugged into the H.264 Pro Recorder - obviously the box is encoding what it received).

I am using BlackMagic Desktop Video 9.8 - I also use the Shuttle to capture HDMI video from a camera and output to Adobe FMLE (which sees the camera's output of 1080i, 59.97, 8-bit)

However, when I plug the Component Out cable from the XHA1s into the Intensity Shuttle, I receive no signal on any device - I tried outputting component from the Shuttle to a monitor, the Shuttle Thunderbolt connection to a MacBook Pro, or the Shuttle component to the H.264 Pro Recorder - all without success.

Here are the camera settings:
Signal Standard - HD
Frame Rate - 60i
Component Out - 1080i/480i

I tried changing the settings to see if it captured - the Shuttle doesn't seem compatible with anything component coming from the camera.

The end goal is to stream using Adobe FMLE - I've tried all of the applicable settings there, without success.

Is there a specific setting I'm missing with the camera, or is there some kind of firmware/software issue with the Shuttle?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Squires

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt and component signal issue

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Did you change the input of the Shuttle to component in the Blackmagic Control Panel?

reedpm

PostMon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Yup - that's it. Went into System Preferences and made the change. Didn't think to do that, since it saw the HDMI signal upon first plug and play.

Thanks for the help.

Adam Simmons

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 8:14 am

That's because when it's installed it defaults to HDMI, but the software is not auto-switching so you always have to manually set it to your input
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Live Production