Workaround for ISO recording

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

watched.live

Workaround for ISO recording

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 5:22 am

I have an ATEM Constellation 8K, 2 HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDRs, and a MultiDock 10G. I seem to have read specs wrong and thought I had seen that the HyperDeck extreme would allow a "multiview" appearance, accepting as 12G signal on each of the A, B, C, and D inputs and writing a combined 8K signal. Since I now believe that to be incorrect, I'm trying to work around this (although in general, I just wish that the HyperDeck Extreme would allow for 4 4K ISO recordings).

My ATEM Video Standard is set to 2160p59.94, as that is what most of my sources are. Is there a way to set the Video Standard of just one M/E to be 4320p59.94, and then have the outputs of that sent to a HyperDeck Extreme over the 4 12G-SDIs? If I could, one work around would be to use a SuperSource on an M/E to place the 4 cameras on one window. I'd loose that SuperSource, but at least I'd save the raw footage.

The BlackMagic MultiView stand alone product only goes up to 2160p30, so I can't use an 8K option there to merge the feeds.

I don't want to buy a second Constellation just to have a 4320p59.94 Video Standard and use the SuperSource, both due to the price, as well as the rack space (this is actually all in a "portable" unit). As is, ATM, I'm thinking I should have actually gone with 5 or 6 HyperDeck Studio 12Gs, but I was trying to save rack space and didn't ask clarifying forum questions.

Since BlackMagic doesn't sell a quad 12G MultiViewer, I'd also consider a third party product to integrate in my system. But I would simply prefer being wrong and letting the HyperDeck Extreme record from 4 separate sources as 1 combined video (since I know it won't do individual ISOs).

Thanks for any response.

Return to Live Production