ATEM MINI EXTREME ISO DOUBLE FRAME IN OUTPUT

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mat_TTM

ATEM MINI EXTREME ISO DOUBLE FRAME IN OUTPUT

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 3:58 am

Hi,

We recently got the ATEM mini extreme iso for a some cooking shows we are doing.

The main idea is to have all cameras connected wireless to the ATEM and use its ability to create a Resolve project from the switcher, to speed up our productions as we can easily watch back (almost instantly) what we recorded.

As it also creates a timeline, this means the editor can then theoretically replace the h264 ATEM vision, with the camera RAW vision, and already be 5 steps ahead of the process when the filming side has ended.

The issue we are facing is that the h264 output from the ATEM has audio sync issues (approx 11 frames) but more confounding, its creating double frames throughout.

This means that when the editor is attempting to sync up the clips, its just not happening.

The ATEM settings are at 1080p50, we are using Canon 5Ds which are all set at 1080i50.

Can anyone tell me why there are double frames in the output from the ATEM?

BennoZ

Re: ATEM MINI EXTREME ISO DOUBLE FRAME IN OUTPUT

PostMon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Yes I can, 50P is 50 frames but 50i is 25 frames! Just set the framerates the same.

The delay of 11 frames is ridiculous and shouldn’t be there. Are you fedding the audio directly into the camera’s?

Return to Live Production