Streaming tethered + use Ethernet for CTRL. ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jared Scoggins

Streaming tethered + use Ethernet for CTRL. ATEM Mini Pro

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 pm

TLDR – Is there anyway to force a tethered stream when ethernet is connected for control purposes?

I have a live event coming up and do not normally stream them because I do not have any kind of internet available. Program out goes to a couple of projectors. Audio comes from a mixer and I take an aux out from the board and feed it into a cameras XLR input. That keeps everything in sync and noise free. If we record the show it will be done in an external recorder with the look through on the recorder going to the projectors.

I have a control network (no internet) setup with a MikroTik router and a switch because the small router only has a few ports. I use an Atem Mini Pro to do the video switching, a Raspberry Pi to play media clips and a Raspberry Pi running Bitfocus Companion software. The Companion Pi has a Stream Deck XL connected to it (via USB) and it controls / monitors everything.

I was asked if we could go live with our good cameras and use lower thirds like we do when we stream. This will be for just a couple of quick promos before the show. Maybe 2 or 3, 30 second spots. I borrowed a hotspot to do a test.

I can stream perfectly with the hotspot plugged into the ATEM Mini Pro’s USB port AND the control network disconnected. If I plug in to the ethernet port, it does not allow me to stream. I guess it sees the control network as a solid connection.

Most of my problems are a result of me not having something configured correctly. I hope this is the case again. Is this possible? Is there anyway to force a tethered stream?

Return to Live Production