BM PCC4K ATEM software control?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jwdowd123

BM PCC4K ATEM software control?

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm

I'm wanting to set up the ATEM software to control/adjust color correction on a couple of BM Pocket Cinema Camera 4K cameras. The cameras are connected to an ATEM Television Studio HD switcher through a ~50ft SDI cable connected to an bi-directional SDI/HDMI converter at the camera. The software works as far as changing switcher settings but it's not communicating with the cameras for color correction. Will the software work with this switcher for the camera controls? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

BennoZ

Re: BM PCC4K ATEM software control?

PostMon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Do you have the newest MICRO converters with 3G printed on it? Only this version will do the job.

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 03, 2021 9:38 pm

Also you need to config the Cam-ID in the MicroConverter Bi-directional 3G. Otherwise it wont know to which ID it has to listen too.. Because those cameras dont have that feature..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jwdowd123

PostTue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm

Yes its the Micro Converter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI 3G version. It looks like I need to hook it up to a laptop and set the Cam-ID. I found the Manual for the converter and should be able to find the set-up utility now that I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it!

jwdowd123

PostFri May 07, 2021 12:22 am

Ok, I tried setting up the converter to set the Cam_ID and it still isn't working. Just to check that I set it up right, we have the camera connected to input 7 of the switcher and labeled as CAM7 in the ATEM software. If I read the converter manual that would mean the Cam_ID is 7, correct?

In the meantime, I'll find the manual on the cameras and see if maybe I don't have something set on that end.

Stan.H

PostSun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 pm

Did you get it working?

Return to Live Production