Direct stream to Microsoft Stream / Microsoft Teams

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ondrejv

Direct stream to Microsoft Stream / Microsoft Teams

PostWed May 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi,
I'm using a couple of ATEM minis (Pro, ISO, 2x Extreme), since last fall I'm having issues with the direct stream to the Microsoft services (which was working last fall). I've been working with Microsoft Premier Support for a few weeks now - here are my observations:
1. ATEM Mini stream is always 1080p (we all know this, just to be clear)
2. Only one change Microsoft did last fall (it was working for me) is TLS1.2 enforcement (confirmed by Microsoft Premier Support)
3. when streaming ATEM>castr.io>Stream Live Event (Teams) it is working even at 1080p/3Mbit (see picture attached) so the restreaming services could be a workaround until fixed.
4. when streaming the same setup but ATEM>Stream Live Event (Teams) it is not working no matter which bitrate,... you configure

As the 1080p is not the cause on the Microsoft side (it is working when restreaming via e.g. castr.io) a ticket was raised with BMD to check TLS support
Attachments
ATEM-Microsoft.png
Working streamin to Microsoft
ATEM-Microsoft.png (417.72 KiB) Viewed 581 times

ondrejv

Re: Direct stream to Microsoft Stream / Microsoft Teams

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 6:02 am

As per discussion with Microsoft and BlackMagic support - I'm in a typical support loop: "Contact them, our product is fine". I did a troubleshooting session with Microsoft, they monitored traffic, nothing comes from the ATEM direct stream. Unfortunately, BlackMagic don't want to work on troubleshooting at all.

for now, the workaround is to stream via 3rd party restreaming to have the direct stream into the Teams.

Maybe in the future, I'll try to debug network traffic.

Return to Live Production