Atem Mini Pro record separate cameras for later edit?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

lalegator

Atem Mini Pro record separate cameras for later edit?

PostFri May 07, 2021 11:01 am

Hi i am wondering can i record separate camera streams on atem mini pro, since i made a mistake and did not buy ISO. I have watched 10000000 videos and googled till my mind was gone crazy, and like i saw that it can be done trough some ATOMOS recorder, but it was just mentioned in some video, and that part i can not find in all the jungle of videos that i watched. Thank you.

Howard Roll

Re: Atem Mini Pro record separate cameras for later edit?

PostFri May 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Atomos makes a 4 ch SDI recorder/monitor. An HDMI-SDI micro converter at each camera would pass the HDMI to the AMP and the converted SDI would feed the Shogun.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... converters

Good Luck

Axel Mertes

PostFri May 07, 2021 8:34 pm

lalegator wrote:Hi i am wondering can i record separate camera streams on atem mini pro, since i made a mistake and did not buy ISO. I have watched 10000000 videos and googled till my mind was gone crazy, and like i saw that it can be done trough some ATOMOS recorder, but it was just mentioned in some video, and that part i can not find in all the jungle of videos that i watched. Thank you.

Honestly, trade in your ATEM at your dealer and switch it the ISO and you are done.
Anything else is so far more expensive, complicated, power consuming, cable horror, just don't think a minute more about it.
Axel Mertes
Film, Video and IT professional
Freelancer/Consultant

lalegator

PostSat May 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Axel Mertes wrote:
lalegator wrote:Hi i am wondering can i record separate camera streams on atem mini pro, since i made a mistake and did not buy ISO. I have watched 10000000 videos and googled till my mind was gone crazy, and like i saw that it can be done trough some ATOMOS recorder, but it was just mentioned in some video, and that part i can not find in all the jungle of videos that i watched. Thank you.

Honestly, trade in your ATEM at your dealer and switch it the ISO and you are done.
Anything else is so far more expensive, complicated, power consuming, cable horror, just don't think a minute more about it.

You are right, but it is not possible to return it after opening the package here (which sucks). Separate recording was not needed at the time of purchase, but if needed to see if i have the solution.

lalegator

PostSat May 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Howard Roll wrote:Atomos makes a 4 ch SDI recorder/monitor. An HDMI-SDI micro converter at each camera would pass the HDMI to the AMP and the converted SDI would feed the Shogun.

Good Luck

Great, Thank you.

Return to Live Production