Fairlight software audio mixer for live productions?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

chezENGH

Fairlight software audio mixer for live productions?

PostFri May 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi all!

I am designing a new TV studio for small productions using only one or two techicians during production.
I am looking at the following setup;
    - ATEM Extreem Pro ISO
    - BM Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro
I am planning to use the Fairlight software for audio mix, and consider using the The Fairlight Desktop Console to allow physical controls.

How will I be able to connect different sound sources?
Some michrophones can be hooked directly to the camera, then the HDMI cable will carry the audio to the ATEM, but how about additional sound sources? Is there an interface I can put in, connecting regular XLR lines, and have make them available in the software mixer in ATEM?
How can I do this?

Howard Roll

Re: Fairlight software audio mixer for live productions?

PostSat May 08, 2021 12:13 pm

I don't think that the "Fairlight" mixer in the AMP software is the target for the Fairlight Desktop Console, rather the proper Fairlight integration within Resolve. Here is a link to the IO
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... /W-FAIR-06

For controlling the Fairlight implementation within the AMP chek out p179 in the manual where it details this operation. The BM panel isn't necessary and likely not compatible.

chezENGH wrote: Is there an interface I can put in, connecting regular XLR lines, and have make them available in the software mixer in ATEM?

A computer would insert the additional audio channels from the IO to the AMP? No, this device/software doesn't exist.

Good Luck

chezENGH

PostSat May 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Howard Roll wrote:
A computer would insert the additional audio channels from the IO to the AMP? No, this device/software doesn't exist.

Good Luck

So a product like those from Focusrite providing digital audio input channels in my Mac won’t show up as audio inputs I can define inside the Fairlight software?

https://focusrite.com/en/usb-c-audio-in ... t-8pre-usb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard Roll

PostSat May 08, 2021 5:35 pm

No, not that will integrate with the Iso hardware. Multitrack audio recording within Resolve’s Fairlight is something else. Fairlight as it pertains to this subforum relates to the Fairlight Mixer implementation within the AMP line of mixers. The software can be run concurrently on the same machine but there is no integration between platforms.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production