ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels glitch? Anyone?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jduvick

ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels glitch? Anyone?

PostTue May 11, 2021 3:08 pm

I've discovered I'm unable to change input 'Name' under ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels.
I initially changed input names from 'Camera 1' etc. to more descriptive names, when I initially configured the new hardware back in April, but now when I make changes and hit 'save' the new data is lost.
Interestingly, I CAN change the 'Label' associated with each name -- this is a 4 character abbreviation.
ATEM software version is 8.6.1 and device is ATEM Mini Pro Extreme.
The issue has persisted across multiple ATEM power cycles and software reboots.
All in all this seems like a bug, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it.
Thanks
Jon
EDIT: Solved after another reboot of the software. Seems it was caught in a loop trying to save something.
Last edited by jduvick on Wed May 12, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

adamtow

Re: ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels glitch? Anyone?

PostTue May 11, 2021 6:18 pm

jduvick wrote:I've discovered I'm unable to change input 'Name' under ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels.
I initially changed input names from 'Camera 1' etc. to more descriptive names, when I initially configured the new hardware back in April, but now when I make changes and hit 'save' the new data is lost.
Interestingly, I CAN change the 'Label' associated with each name -- this is a 4 character abbreviation.
ATEM software version is 8.6.1 and device is ATEM Mini Pro Extreme.
The issue has persisted across multiple ATEM power cycles and software reboots.
All in all this seems like a bug, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it.
Thanks
Jon

I'm not seeing this on my ATEM Mini Extreme ISO running 8.6.1 on macOS. Clicking Save saves the labels for me both in ATEM Software Control and my MixEffect app on iOS. Note that there is a character limit, but the software prevents you from entering more than the allowed.

What happens if you click Reset. Can you then change the labels?

I have fielded user reports of this happening on switchers other than the Extreme — I believe it was either the 1 M/E or 2 M/E switchers. As I don't have those switchers personally, I wasn't able to find a workaround or solution.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

jduvick

Re: ATEM Software -> Settings -> Labels glitch? Anyone?

PostWed May 12, 2021 1:12 am

Hi Adam thanks for the note -- this was solved after a reboot of the ATEM software (I was sure I'd done this before to no effect, but I may be mistaken). Not sure of the problem but it did not persist after the reboot.

Return to Live Production