Wish .. Double Mono Controls

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Markus Hottenrott

Wish .. Double Mono Controls

PostTue May 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi .. is it possible to get two doubled mono controlled Mic Inputs instead of two stereo?

Why: I use the ATEM Mini with their two stereo microphone inputs. And I need most of the time 3-4 microfones. They are mono (Sennheiser AVX). I can adapt them to the ATEM and in Resolve I can split them to control and adjust every microphone seperatly. BUT this approach doesn´t work for live productions. So it seems to be very easy to have a switch parameter in the ATEM Software Control to have Mic 1-l, Mic 1-r, Mic 2-l and Mic 2-r with the same controls for level and so on.

Is this far from realistic?

adamtow

Re: Wish .. Double Mono Controls

PostTue May 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Markus Hottenrott wrote:Hi .. is it possible to get two doubled mono controlled Mic Inputs instead of two stereo?

Why: I use the ATEM Mini with their two stereo microphone inputs. And I need most of the time 3-4 microfones. They are mono (Sennheiser AVX). I can adapt them to the ATEM and in Resolve I can split them to control and adjust every microphone seperatly. BUT this approach doesn´t work for live productions. So it seems to be very easy to have a switch parameter in the ATEM Software Control to have Mic 1-l, Mic 1-r, Mic 2-l and Mic 2-r with the same controls for level and so on.

Is this far from realistic?

You can do that today by clicking the gear icon in the lower-left corner of ATEM Software Control. Click the Audio tab. Finally, check the checkboxes for those sources you want to split.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Jim Simon

Re: Wish .. Double Mono Controls

PostSun May 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Use a mixer. Send it's output to the Mini.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Live Production