ATEM Mini Pro ISO - can not update software

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

911Alert

ATEM Mini Pro ISO - can not update software

PostTue May 11, 2021 11:02 pm

There is NO instruction anywhere, in the manual, or online that actually explains in detail how to do a simple update of the ATEM software. I've updated the 4k and 6k cameras with NO issue but it says to uses the USB C female plug on the ATEM to my USB C female plug on my windows 10 laptop but what I get is when I open the ATEM set up application is "NO ATEM Found". It seem like it wants an IP address however I'm just wanting to use the ATEM to switch a couple of cameras on my desk, nothing to do with the internet. How come I can not just update the software thru a direct USB connection. Frustrating because there is NO information on the BlackMagic site or any YouTube video detailing how to set up install a Mini update. All the info is after it detects the ATEM and after that point. Really surprised as this should be such a simple process to do. Any ideas? I've tried updating with the USB C with a ATEM Mini Pro ISO and a ATEM Min Extreme ISO with the same results: NO ATEM Found! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Frank Engel

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO - can not update software

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:06 am

It should detect it - always has for me (even though in my case I am using USB A on the computer side as my computers are starting to show their age).

Have you tried a different cable?

A different port on your computer?

Are you connecting directly, and not through a hub?

eMilty

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO - can not update software

PostFri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm

You might want to try a different cable. Some USB-C cables are for charging only and they don't have the data wires.

Return to Live Production