Control ATEM TV Studio Production Switcher with ATEM Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jackrdenick

Control ATEM TV Studio Production Switcher with ATEM Mini

PostThu May 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Can I use my ATEM Mini as the physical control interface to control the inputs of the ATEM Television Studio Production Switcher (SWATEMTVSTU - On BHPHOTO search BLATS and is no longer available product)? Maybe through the ethernet ports?

Wish I could but right now we have it setup as the cameras come in to a splitter of SDI In then SDI & HDMI out, HDMI to the ATEM Mini and the SDI to the Production Switcher. The production switcher is just being used to view all the cameras and the Mini is actually doing the switching. We then have a blackmagic recorder device that takes the output from the Mini and records the program feed.

This is the equipment we already have so aren't gonna buy anything else except for cables/cheap accessories if needed. We kinda forgot we had the Production Studio and are trying to integrate with ATEM mini so cameras can be previewed. We also don't need to use any of the graphics functionality of the Production Switcher, thanks.

Jack

Jim Simon

Re: Control ATEM TV Studio Production Switcher with ATEM Min

PostSun May 16, 2021 2:19 pm

The Mini is a switcher in itself. I'm not aware of any way to use it as a Control Panel for another switcher.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Johannes Jonsson

Re: Control ATEM TV Studio Production Switcher with ATEM Min

PostSun May 16, 2021 3:19 pm

I have seen it working some time ago using Macros to make it happen
Johannes

Return to Live Production