Atem mini with SDI?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Sfloor

Atem mini with SDI?

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:14 am

Are there any plans in the near future to release an atem mini model with sdi interface?

Xtreemtec

Re: Atem mini with SDI?

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:35 am

If so they wont tell you untill it is released in a livestream... :lol:

But i guess not as IF that would be the case, they would have done it by now.. Guess it would be to much of a competiotion for the TVS 4k Pro which has SDI, Autoscaling ports and a control surface but cost more then double. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

eMilty

PostFri May 14, 2021 1:07 pm

Only BMD knows about their plans ;-)

My guess is that they won't release an ATEM Mini with SDI. But it's very likely that they will release a Television Studio HD replacement (the small rackmount unit) with the same engine / electronics as the ATEM Mini Extreme. This will more than likely again have half of it's inputs as SDI ports. This does of course not have a control surface.

They might also give the ATEM Television Studio Pro HD an update with the same engine / electronics as the Extreme. This all seems very feasible. Possibly with a design refresh to bring it inline with the 2 M/E and 4 M/E Advanced Panels.

I also expect the other rackmounted ATEM 4M/E, 2M/E and 1M/E models to get an update (hopefully soon, looking at buying a 2M/E this year ;-)) but these will more likely be based on the same engine as the Constellation but then limited to 4K, less ports, etc... Also the Television Studio Pro 4K might get this update.

But who knows if or when... ;-)

Jim Simon

PostFri May 14, 2021 5:30 pm

I would love to see an upgrade to the current 4K Television Studio where every input is switchable SDI/HDMI.

Mixing cameras and Laptops isn't going away any time soon, and convertors add a failure point.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Steve Kanefsky

PostSat May 15, 2021 11:43 am

I would also be happy with a new Smart Videohub that instead of just having SDI inputs and outputs had both HDMI and SDI inputs and outputs and the ability to route any of the inputs to any of the outputs and preserve camera control and timecode. Bonus points for throwing in an assignable LTC timecode input and output as well.

Return to Live Production