BMPCC6K stops recording when connected to ATEM MINI EXTR PRO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Annaindalecio

BMPCC6K stops recording when connected to ATEM MINI EXTR PRO

PostSun May 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I need help with an issue I have been having for a while now.

I do live events with the following set-up:
BMPCC6K software: 7.3.1
ATEM MINI EXTREME PRO software: 8.6.1

I use the camera control feature on the ATEM to color correct all 3 cameras before going live, in order to do that, I first connect Cam3 on input 4 via HDMI directly, do the color correction and then switch Cam3’s HDMI output to the Hollyland Mars Pro which is connected to the ATEM’s input 3, I don’t turn off the camera until we go live (because if I turn it off I lose all the color correction).
I do that in order to have all 3 cameras with the same color.

Even though I do record the ISO, sometimes I need to record in camera too if I have to do an edit with better video quality.

What happens is that sometimes when I try to record in camera right before we start the event I see an exclamation point and I am not able to record. My recording settings are BMraw at 6k 12:1 for Cam1 and Cam2 and Apple ProRes 422 LT at 1980x1080 for Cam3.
It has also happened that the camera recorded for 19 minutes and then the exclamation point appeared and I was unable to record any more although I still had many minutes left.

I have tried to fix it switching the USB-C drives, the USB-C cables and it has happened with up to 3 different BMPCC6K and it has also happened with different software updates. I cannot find the reason why it is doing that and it seems pretty random to me.
When I turn off and on the camera sometimes it fixes it, however, since I am doing color correction, I lose all the information and it is not a great solution for me.

When I am recording without going live and I don’t connect the camera to the ATEM MINI EXTREME PRO it has never happened, I am always able to record with the same BMPCC6K.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Do you think it has something to do with the color correction?

Thank you,
Anna
Attachments
6B1FC6FC-64BD-4313-B9BE-C7E436EABDED.jpeg
Live Events Set-Up
6B1FC6FC-64BD-4313-B9BE-C7E436EABDED.jpeg (262.34 KiB) Viewed 235 times

Return to Live Production