ATEM Mini Pro ISO with web presenter vs. Mini Extreme ISO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

GLJTraining

ATEM Mini Pro ISO with web presenter vs. Mini Extreme ISO

PostMon May 17, 2021 12:00 am

Hello all,
Its seems a hot topic that the ATEM Mini Pro ISO Extreme has arrived and among other things solves for us the problem of not being able to record to usb drive and simultaneously stream to online platforms such as Muzie.live, Zoom, etc. I have a couple questions (forgive me if redundant, but none of the other posts I've seen seem to give a simple answer.

I am a music (guitar) teacher and I use the atem mini pro ISO to stream 4 camera angles and the real time switching as the webcam feed to Muzie (basically a web platform similar to Zoom, but built specifically for music instruction), And it works great. no problems.

However, I have now found that the live class vibe is the perfect delivery for pre-recorded (and then edited) course content. I have an amazing opportunity to do some online course creation to offer potential clients.

So comes the problem of not being able to record the streams and the live switching while the unit is being used as the webcam. and I just got this thing in January 2021.

Instead of having to buy the Extreme ISO for another $1300 (which I am not in a position to do), can the ATEM mini pro ISO somehow connect to the web presenter to act as the webcam source for the video conferencing, while reserving the usc-c output on the mini pro ISO for the recording?

The only thing I see holding that up is how I would (or could) connect the ISO to the Web presenter? As far as I can see the web presenter will accept an SDI input, but doesn't appear the ISO has that? I'm new to the live video game, so please forgive my limited knowledge.

Any advice at all would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Return to Live Production