ATEM Mini Pro simultanoous record and stream issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dougm52

ATEM Mini Pro simultanoous record and stream issue

PostMon May 17, 2021 11:44 am

There seems to be an issue when I try to live stream to Vimeo and record simultaneously. Vimeo preview works fine but when I go live, Vimeo shows the ATEM Mini Pro streams the same chunk of video in a loop for the duration of the live stream.

I noticed that the flashing of the external drive light and the video looping looked suspiciously like they were somehow synchronized. When I turned off record and started a new live stream, things worked normally.

It appears at this point that the problem might be related to the order in which the stream and record buttons are actuated. I'm thinking that if hit record and then hit stream the problem will appear,, but if I hit stream, go live, and then hit record, the problem will not appear.

The buttons above this message imply I can post a URL, but when I tried to post a Vimeo link to videos with and without the issue I get a message saying links are not allowed.

Jim Simon

Re: ATEM Mini Pro simultanoous record and stream issue

PostTue May 18, 2021 3:29 pm

We always go Live about 30 minutes before showtime, so Recording always starts after. Hence, I've never seen this.

Does it occur only when streaming to Vimeo?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Live Production