ATEM Mini Pro/Extreme new suggested features

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

SimonCS

ATEM Mini Pro/Extreme new suggested features

PostTue May 18, 2021 3:42 pm

How does one suggest new ATEM Mini features? I have 1 or 2...

1. Provide the facility (via Control Software) for Pro & Extreme to enter multiple streaming keys, and have them available as a drop-down list. We have several weekly recurring YouTube events, each with their own persistent streaming key, so to quickly pick the right one for an event would be useful. Each key should have a descriptive label to identify it, that you use to pick it from the drop-down list).

2. When defining the SuperSource layout in Software Control, be able to save multiple configs, with a name label, for rapid selection via a drop-down list, so also enabling selection when recording a macro.

3. Have the option to automatically turn off Downstream Key when selecting SuperSource as an input.

4. Able to configure SuperSource output to pass via the downstream keyer, e.g. have green-screen graphics from HDMI i/p 1 overlaid onto the SuperSource output comprising 2 boxes (cameras) from HDMI i/p 2 and 3.

watched.live

Re: ATEM Mini Pro/Extreme new suggested features

PostTue May 18, 2021 6:39 pm

Not that those aren't good feature requests, however you could at least do the following for now.

1. a. Export the config file for the event/stream key combo in question. Edit the resulting XML file and strip out any of the non streaming settings, save it as a file just for that stream key. You can then load the stream key config file which is clearly named for each event.

1. b. Alternatively, create a macro that sets the stream key. Repeat new macros for each of the different stream keys that need to be quickly switched to.

2. Yes, you note using the choice for specifying the SuperSource settings while creating a macro, but why not have a macro that simply sets the SuperSource layout?

Return to Live Production