Mini Extreme ISO Audio Record Problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dgwseam

Mini Extreme ISO Audio Record Problem

PostSun May 23, 2021 1:47 am

I've run into an audio recording problem on the ISO Extreme that I don't know how to fix. I have a local camera and several other sources coming into it from NDI-to-HDMI converters. I do this so I can isolate multiple streams from Microsoft Teams and record the audio/video to separate cameras. The converters work fine and the video and audio all check out fine in the Atem prior to recording. In particular, the audio mixer shows the audio levels for each stream and it sounds fine on the headphones. Unfortunately, when the ISO tracks are recorded, the audio comes out very low and garbled - completely unintelligible. The video records just fine. The only thing that I can discern that's out of the norm is that the NDI converter shows the audio stream to not be 48khz but something different (I think it was 16Khz). Still, the sound checks out fine in each audio channel on the Atem mixer over headphones, so I'm not sure why it's not recording properly. Does anyone have any ideas?

dgwseam

Re: Mini Extreme ISO Audio Record Problem

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm wondering if the problem has something to do with the audio stream from MS Teams in NDI coming through in a format that the Atem Mini Extreme doesn't like. My NDI>HDMI converters show that the NDI audio stream from Teams is 16Khz 16 bit. If I check the audio on the Atem Mini Extreme channel in question using headphones and isolating that channel, It sounds fine. But, despite sounding fine on the headphones while monitoring, when I play back the recording I only hear low-gain squelch. If I force the converters to convert at 48Khz then the audio does record properly in the Atem Mini (but I hear an echo on the Mini's audio / headphone interface for the channel in question when recording).
I am wondering why the Atem Mini doesn't let you monitor the audio properly; it's not faithful to what is recorded. Why does it record squelch at 16Khz but good audio at 48Khz without letting me hear the difference on the headphone monitor?

designers

Re: Mini Extreme ISO Audio Record Problem

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 5:45 pm

I've also had this issue but not found out why it happens yet. Any luck on your side?

Return to Live Production