'Sting' button on Atem Mini Extreme ISO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PeterMRB

'Sting' button on Atem Mini Extreme ISO

PostSun May 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi y'all out there!

It's been a mystery button on the Atem Mini Extreme ISO for a while and it seems there is no one being able to figure out what to do with it. The 'sting' button on the Atem Mini Extreme.
I even took the time to read the manual for it! It says (in different languages): "Stinger and Graphic Wipe are special transitions which will be covered in a later section.". However, that 'later section' has not been written as far as I know. Or it has been lost... Any news about this item?

Happy streaming!
Peter
Peter M. Riemslag Baas

Howard Roll

Re: 'Sting' button on Atem Mini Extreme ISO

PostSun May 23, 2021 5:46 pm

Page 125 of the full size Atem manual explains how to setup the stinger, the button itself is just a trans select like mix or wipe.

Good Luck

PeterMRB

PostSun May 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Howard Roll wrote:Page 125 of the full size Atem manual explains how to setup the stinger, the button itself is just a trans select like mix or wipe.

Good Luck

Thank you, Howard.
However, I'm afraid I'm missing something. Is there another manual than the one called 'Atem mini manual', latest from February 2021 (attached with the 8.6.1 firmware. p125 doesn't mention the explanation you refer to. Sorry for the inconvenience of coming back...

Regards,
Peter
Peter M. Riemslag Baas

adamtow

PostSun May 23, 2021 10:01 pm

PeterMRB wrote:
Howard Roll wrote:Page 125 of the full size Atem manual explains how to setup the stinger, the button itself is just a trans select like mix or wipe.

Good Luck

Thank you, Howard.
However, I'm afraid I'm missing something. Is there another manual than the one called 'Atem mini manual', latest from February 2021 (attached with the 8.6.1 firmware. p125 doesn't mention the explanation you refer to. Sorry for the inconvenience of coming back...

Regards,
Peter

If you go here:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... -switchers

Scroll down to the link to "ATEM Production Studio Switchers Manual". That PDF will explain what the Stinger transition does. It's not supported on the ATEM Mini Extreme switchers at the moment, even though the button exists.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

PeterMRB

PostFri May 28, 2021 7:42 pm

adamtow wrote:
PeterMRB wrote:

Good Luck

Thank you, Howard.

Regards,
Peter

If you go here:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... -switchers

Scroll down to the link to "ATEM Production Studio Switchers Manual". That PDF will explain what the Stinger transition does. It's not supported on the ATEM Mini Extreme switchers at the moment, even though the button exists.

Thanks, Adam. So the Sting button is just for cosmetic purposes filling up the gap... 'been there, done that, end up completely confused'... But hey, you can't help that. Thanks for responding! ThumbsUp!
I'm going to make my own stingers to be executed on the Atem switchers. To be continued.
Peter M. Riemslag Baas

Ian Tindale

PostSun May 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Sting is useless? Better call The Police

PeterMRB

PostSun May 30, 2021 7:20 pm

Stinger cut transitions without touching the non effective sting button. Instead of the sting button you might want to configure one of the 6 macro buttons to execute an animated stinger transition. Wanna know how? Take a look at this video (and the description). To be continued...

Peter M. Riemslag Baas

Return to Live Production