ATEM Mini Pro ISO: Multiview broken after firmware update

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kvnrp01

ATEM Mini Pro ISO: Multiview broken after firmware update

PostSat May 29, 2021 12:23 am

Hi guys,

I've ran into an issue on my Mini Pro ISO: Multiview breaks completly after updating the firmware from version 8.5 to any of the afterward released ones. 8.5 or below work fine.

After updating, Multiview only shows a pink, heavily corrupted image (see image below) or a solid pink image with a few lighter pink lines inbetween. Program output over HDMI-out works without issue however.
Changing the resolution and framerate of the ATEM has no effect.

M/V after update (in this case to latest version 8.6.1):

I tested the same firmware versions on two other ATEM Mini Pros (not ISO) and they don't have this issue.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

berndschneider

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO: Multiview broken after firmware updat

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 12:04 pm

kvnrp01 wrote:Hi guys,

I've ran into an issue on my Mini Pro ISO: Multiview breaks completly after updating the firmware from version 8.5 to any of the afterward released ones. 8.5 or below work fine.

After updating, Multiview only shows a pink, heavily corrupted image (see image below) or a solid pink image with a few lighter pink lines inbetween. Program output over HDMI-out works without issue however.
Changing the resolution and framerate of the ATEM has no effect.

M/V after update (in this case to latest version 8.6.1):

I tested the same firmware versions on two other ATEM Mini Pros (not ISO) and they don't have this issue.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Same problem here. After updating the ATEM Software Control on the PC, it is not compatible to ATEM Firmware Version 8.5 anymore. This means both, the ATEM Firmware and the ATEM Software Control on the PC have to stay on older versions.

AndyMcHardy

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO: Multiview broken after firmware updat

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 6:33 pm

My general rule with BM kit is don't update the firmware unless you have to.

Also, it is worth checking the release notes to see if that update actually updates anything for your particular piece of hardware.
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Return to Live Production