Newbie: Clarification about MP1 on ATEM Software Control?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ginestre

Newbie: Clarification about MP1 on ATEM Software Control?

PostSat May 29, 2021 4:52 pm

This is the second of my silly newbie questions. I'm sure there'll be others.
I have an ATEM Mini Pro ISO I'll be using for training. It's connected to 4 HDMI input sources, a live mike on audio 1, an mp3 player on audio 2, and via ethernet to my mac mini running ATEM software control.

On ATEM software control, on the switcher tab, there is a section of the interface called Media Player: screenshot attached.
When I saw this, I assumed from the graphics I could somehow launch a slideshow of uploaded media: but the 'tape deck' controls are always greyed out. What am I not understanding? How can I activate this?

As always, TIA

EDIT: Changed topic line to be clearer
Attachments
MediaPlayerScreenshot.png
PNG screenshot of media player window
MediaPlayerScreenshot.png (16.69 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

McMeanF

Re: Newbie: Clarification about MP1 on ATEM Software Contro

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 8:34 am

I believe that in order to play video you need to have a Terradeck. The ATEMs can only do still images

adamtow

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Those controls are only for ATEM switchers that support video clips. The ATEM Mini lineup, from the ATEM Mini to the ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, do not support these features.

If you want to be able to cycle through your media clips from ATEM Software Control, you'll either have to use the drop-down menu in the Media Player panel or use drag and drop from the Media tab.

As far as third-party control, you could use my app, MixEffect, or Companion/Stream Deck. Both solutions offer the ability to cycle through your still images in the Media Pool one at a time, forward and backward.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

robertsmu

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 pm

Or you could create a macro to scroll through your images. But why give yourself the headache? Just use Powerpoint or Keynote as and hdmi source...

Return to Live Production