ATEM Software Control shuts down

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Orange

ATEM Software Control shuts down

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 10:36 am

Hi all,

From this morning, the ATEM Software Control app closes down on its own. Initially it stayed up for maybe half a minute - long enough for me to import my config file - but then it shut down. If I tried to restart it, it showed the splash-screen, and then the main screen but before it showed a connected device (ATEM Mini) it closed down again.

I have updated Win10 to the very latest (after the issues - the Win update wasn't the cause of them) and then I updated the ATEM software to the latest (8.6.1) but the behaviour is the same.

The ATEM Setup app works fine.

If I power off the Mini, the ATEM Software Control opens for long enough for me to import my config file again but as before, after about 20-30 seconds it closes again.

My PC is quite powerful - a Ryzen 7 with 32GB RAM and a number of SSDs. Apart from this issue, it is running very well and is fully updated.

Regards,

Jim Simon

Re: ATEM Software Control shuts down

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 2:57 pm

Kinda sounds like a bad config file.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Orange

PostWed Jun 02, 2021 3:44 pm

But it has been working fine for months. I've done nothing to my PC, apart from regular updates.

Orange

PostThu Jun 03, 2021 8:09 am

I spent some time last night rebooting, uninstalling the software and reinstalling... and initially I couldn't change the behaviour but after about the third time of uninstalling and reinstalling (after downgrading to an earlier version of the software and then back to the latest), it all seems to work again.

I cannot work out anything I did to make it work that I hadn't done previously but I'm happy again. :)

Orange

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 8:45 am

It broke again this morning, so I tried to recreate the sequence that got it working previously and couldn't. The controller software kept closing itself after <30 seconds... just in time for me to load the config file.

Then, while typing a reply here I realised what you had told me above about the config file, so I loaded the software and DIDN'T load the config file... and it stayed up. The candle in my head clearly doesn't burn very brightly. :lol:

Weird. So my config file IS corrupt, as you indicated. Thanks for that. What you wrote just didn't register before. I'll create another.

Return to Live Production