iPad software to control audio on atem?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dclaar

iPad software to control audio on atem?

PostWed Jun 09, 2021 9:16 pm

I'm looking for software for the iPad to let someone control the audio levels on the ATEM, so the the person sitting in front of the switcher can focus on the video aspect. Ideally, the audio would be available on the iPad itself rather than headphones from the switcher.

There's several candidates in the Apple store, and they all run about $50. But they don't have a lot of reviews, and don't mention this feature explicitly. And surprisingly--unlike the Android Play store--there doesn't seem to be any concept of a trial period for apps: Once you buy it, you're done. (Maybe I'm wrong about this? I'm not really an Apple guy. But if I am, it's not obvious!).

So I'm hoping folks who own an app that does this can chime in, either Yay...or Nay.

Thanks!

adamtow

Re: iPad software to control audio on atem?

PostThu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm

dclaar wrote:I'm looking for software for the iPad to let someone control the audio levels on the ATEM, so the the person sitting in front of the switcher can focus on the video aspect. Ideally, the audio would be available on the iPad itself rather than headphones from the switcher.

There's several candidates in the Apple store, and they all run about $50. But they don't have a lot of reviews, and don't mention this feature explicitly. And surprisingly--unlike the Android Play store--there doesn't seem to be any concept of a trial period for apps: Once you buy it, you're done. (Maybe I'm wrong about this? I'm not really an Apple guy. But if I am, it's not obvious!).

So I'm hoping folks who own an app that does this can chime in, either Yay...or Nay.

Thanks!

I’m the developer of MixEffect, one of the apps on the App Store. I cover what’s supported in the app in this document:

https://mixeffect.app/docs/audio

MixEffect currently does not support modifying the extra controls for Equalizer and Dynamics. It doesn’t feed the audio from the ATEM into the iPad either.

The app is free to download and offers a 30-day trial of MixEffect Pro.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Saskia-Anett Ebelt

Re: iPad software to control audio on atem?

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 am

TouchDirector gives the ability to see all audio sources, and to switch along in the ppm/pvw row.
You can test it here:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/RcvAqWtS
Attachments
Audio-Panel.PNG
All audio levels, you can expand every channel and control it.
Audio-Panel.PNG (245.25 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Blackmagic Atem 1M/E, ATEM Mini/Pro/ISO, 4x Hyperdeck, SmartScope, Videohub, Decklink Extreme, Micro Studio Camera,

Return to Live Production