Any way to zooming in/scaling up in ATEM Mini series?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Axel Mertes

Any way to zooming in/scaling up in ATEM Mini series?

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi!

I wonder if there is any way to enlarge a cropped part of a video input on the ATEM Mini Pro ISO or Extreme ISO?

I'd love to use this for having kind of virtual cameras from larger "total views" e.g. in interviews etc. I know that live quality might be poor, but as we can revert back to 4K footage from the BMCC4K's it would make live potentially a bit easier.

Idea is to set up a few macros to configure SuperSource for this and bring them in as needed.

However, all I found so far is a bigest scaling factor of 1.0 - which is the ONLY thing I am not currently happy with on the ATEM Mini series.

Maybe I am missing something here?

Those with insight, please let me know.

Cheers
Axel
Axel Mertes
Film, Video and IT professional
Freelancer/Consultant

codedeltajames

Re: Any way to zooming in/scaling up in ATEM Mini series?

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 2:48 pm

The Atem Mini Extreme can scale greater than 1 on it's upstream keyers (not sure about supersource).

adamtow

Re: Any way to zooming in/scaling up in ATEM Mini series?

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 pm

SuperSource can't scale video greater than 100%, but as codedeltajames wrote, you can do this with the Upstream Keyer DVE. On the Extreme, there are two DVEs, and the Mini Pro has just one DVE.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Return to Live Production