Atem Mini Pro microphone setup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

commodore

Atem Mini Pro microphone setup

PostSat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if this post violates the policy.

I have been over the past two years recording lectures for my students and then sharing the recorded files. I recently wanted to upgrade my game, so I got a Nikon mirrorless camera, a Zoom H8 handy recorder, and a Deity s-mic 2 xlr microphone. All I needed to do is set the gain in the recorder then sync the audio in post production and so far the results have been superb. However, I will soon be required to run my lectures live via a conferencing tool such as Zoom/Teams. After a long research, I decided to go with Atem Mini Pro.

Given that I have zero knowledge about tweaking audio, would I be able to maintain the high quality audio produced by H8 recorder when streaming through Atem mini? And to achieve this should I connect the H8 recorder line-out to Atem mini mic input?

I am trying as much as possible to avoid having to deal with the equalizer or any sound adjustment tools while maintaining Zoom H8 preamp processing intact.

Thanks,
Hatim

Tim_Partridge

Re: Atem Mini Pro microphone setup

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 am

I'm busy at the moment, so don't have time to try this with my H6. I'd suggest going in the the I/O menu on the Zoom and setting the Line Out to -10dB or lower so the signal isn't too strong on there. Some experimentation is probably needed.

Regards,

Tim

randyd

Re: Atem Mini Pro microphone setup

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 5:22 am

Also, keep in mind that the ATEM Uses left/right on the input and not a balanced input.

Return to Live Production