Tethering ATEM Mini through an iPad

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

swanson

Tethering ATEM Mini through an iPad

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 2:01 am

I know the ATEM Mini Pro and Extreme models can be tethered through a phone having an adequate data plan. Can a WiFi + Cellular model iPad be used in the same way? I would think so, but I've found no references to anyone having actually done this. I'm looking for a solution for a venue to which the local ISP says they can't provide a drop, and the venue is installing a new digital sound board that will use an iPad controller, so it would make sense to use the resources that will already be there (knowing that while the iPad is tethered to the ATEM, it won't be carried through the venue to set audio levels).

mykdw1

Re: Tethering ATEM Mini through an iPad

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 2:24 pm

As long as the iPad has the ability to turn on the mobile hotspot, then yes. But some providers only allow 10-15gb of tethering, then throttled. Plus my mixer is a Soundcraft UI24r, which is digital only. So I connect it to a router, but the router is not connected to the internet. So I would make sure that ipad will actually be connected to 4g.

jonoville

Re: Tethering ATEM Mini through an iPad

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Having trouble initially with the new iPad Pro M1. Once I installed 14.6 I was able to get it up and operational. Coverage was a bit weak where I am and results weren't as good as with my 4G Android phone.

Return to Live Production