New to ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kamashida

New to ATEM

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 pm

I'm a twitch.tv streamer and I'm less than a month old in terms of experience in using any of BMD equipment or software. I have the ATEM Mini Pro and I'm having fun figuring it out, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to properly use the equalizer in the desktop application. There are so many different questions I have beyond the equalizer, though. I only have a headset that works with my computer, and the microphone there is how I'm speaking to chat, but the ATEM is only picking up my microphone as a part of the computer sound, and I don't know how to get it to pick it up as a separate input. If there is any way someone can help me understand and accomplish these and other tasks, I would be extremely grateful. I really feel like having a mentor to just send messages to would be more in my comfort zone. Any ideas or takers?

Tim_Partridge

Re: New to ATEM

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 am

The headset mic is going into the computer and the computer is then mixing it with other sounds it generates and then the sound is going out on the computer's HDMI port.

You can either use the computer's internal mixer settings to alter the balance, or you can plug a microphome into the ATEM and use its mixer.

If your headset is a 3.5mm jack then it may well be possible to plug it into the ATEM, but then you won't be able to hear anything in the headphones as the ATEM has no output.

I have found an inexpensive lapel mic works with my ATEM sound input, so that might be an option. You would need to turn off the headset mic at that point, so your computer would no longer hear you through that. (Othewise similar sounds would go out to your program via different routes.)

Sorry I don't have any time to spare to mentor.

Regards,

Tim

Return to Live Production