Hyperdeck 12G timecode display

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hypnophone

Hyperdeck 12G timecode display

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 am

I have a slightly different issue. We recorded a number of files on the Hyperdeck 12G and for timecode, I used preset 00:00:00;00. Looking at the files written, it looks like all the files started at zero and counted up from there, so I have a bunch of files on the same drive that all start at zero. We have a strange little process that has to happen linearly, so we play out the files in real time. When I play out those files, though, the display on the hyperdeck does not display the correct time code. It continues with a linear number counting up through all the files. For instance, the first file is 10 minutes. When that clip is done playing, the next clip should start at zero, but it does not. it starts at 00:10:00;00. When I look at the file in Adobe, the embedded time code reads zero at the start of each file, but when the hyperdeck plays it out, it does not read that timecode and appears to be making up its own.

This is causing me great problems. Does anyone out there understand this problem and has a solution?

Return to Live Production