ATEM Mini Pro Youtube stream not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

twocas

ATEM Mini Pro Youtube stream not working

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 2:59 pm

I have an ATEM Mini Pro directly connected to the internet via the ethernet port.

When I try to stream to YouTube by pressing ON AIR, streaming starts but I never see the result in YouTube Studio preview screen on my (separately connected to the network) Macbook. Hence I can not go live.

After a while the stream starts buffering in the Mini Pro.

The stream key is correct.
The Mini Pro is definitely connected to the Internet, since I can access it via ATEM Software Control over the (local) network from the Macbook.

What am I doing wrong ?

wagnercs

Re: ATEM Mini Pro Youtube stream not working

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Hello,
This issue can be generated from multiple causes... First thing needed is a troubleshooting sequence. I would do this:

1) Go to your Macbook;
2) Via your browser, go to your Youtube Channel;
3) Start streaming (unlisted or private) using your Mac's webcam;
4) Is it working from your Mac+webcam? If yes, copy your stream key again, just in case, and paste it again in your Atem Software Control' Output setup; Just in case, check you Platform, Server and Quality settings.
5) Is it NOT working from your Atem? Well, try to stream to another platform - you have several options - Facebook, Vimeo, etc, etc. See if the Atem works on Facebook, for example.
6) Nothing yet? Well, at this point we are closing in. The problem might be the Atem's ethernet output. But not so fast! When I say 'problem', I mean: the data generated thru the ethernet port is not arriving at the streaming platform. This can be caused by a hardware problem (the ethernet port), which is very very unlikely (since you are seeing your Atem via the Software Control right? Or a limitation imposed by your local router/network/firewall config, which is blocking the Atem streaming somehow.
7) Final workaround would be connecting your Atem to your Mac via the USB-C port, this will turn your Atem into a powerful webcam for the Mac. Then you can stream from there - direct to Youtube, or via OBS, or another streaming app of your choice.

Just my 2 cents.

brianteeman

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 11:10 am

This is the most annoying thing with youtube. It used to (about 2 years ago) work exactly as you have configured it but not any more.

The problem is that you do not have any streams active on youtube.

Go to studio.youtube.com and schedule a stream (doesnt really matter for when although it will display a countdown to that date and time) and make sure it is set to auto start and auto stop

Now you can go on air exactly as you described and it will work. It will go live on youtube as soon as

The only problem is that when you stop the stream you will need to create a new scheduled stream for the next time you go on air.

RRRoger

PostWed Aug 30, 2023 7:15 pm

wagnercs wrote:Hello,

7) Final workaround would be connecting your Atem to your Mac via the USB-C port, this will turn your Atem into a powerful webcam for the Mac. Then you can stream from there - direct to Youtube, or via OBS, or another streaming app of your choice.

Just my 2 cents.

Not a viable workaround as the WebCam option produces very poor Video and Audio for me.

But you may be right about the Internet router or computer firewall blocking the YouTube upload from my ATEM mini Extreme.
3 weeks ago I had to start unpluging and repluging my ethernet cable to access the Internet after shutting down and restarting it's dedicated computer.
At the same time the ATEM could no longer LiveStream.

RRRoger

PostFri Sep 08, 2023 1:51 am

Finally got my ATEM Extreme reconnected to the Internet.
That is why I could not LiveStream to YouTube.

I connected a computer to my router, then opened that software and found the ATEM IP.
I then connected the ATEM by that series of numbers (ie 192.168.0.211) instead of the switcher name.

Return to Live Production