Blackmagic ATEM tally light on Pocket Cinema 6K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

thomas.hoste

Blackmagic ATEM tally light on Pocket Cinema 6K

PostSun Jul 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Hello,
We have a Blackmagic ATEM mini pro extreme with 2 Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6k cams + 3 Canon XC10's connected. We lost our tally light indication on the BM Pockets and we can't find why. Yesterday everything worked smootly, same setup. We have rebooted everything, including computer. We have reconnected all hdmi-inputs, tried with one BM at a time...nothing seems to help.

What can we do more? Factory reset is not an option, we are in the middle of a festival :) .

Thanks!

Thomas Hoste

BennoZ

Re: Blackmagic ATEM tally light on Pocket Cinema 6K

PostSun Jul 11, 2021 8:53 pm

Did you loose full control or only tally?

TeamDLS

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 1:02 pm

I have same issue. All was working perfectly one day. Nothing was touched and the next day I walk in and no more tally lights and no camera control either. Nothing changed on my end from when I left the studio to when I came back in the studio and I am the only one with access to the studio.

Im using high end HDMI cables with 2 way communication and are 6' in length going directly into the ATEM Extreme ISO. I did try swapping out the cable with a new one with no luck. I have firmware v. 8.6.1 on the ATEM. And the latest update on the BMPCC 6K. I have restarted everything, even in different sequences and nothing. Would love to figure this one out soon.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB
EGPU: Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 8GB

macOS Monterey

chippie

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 11:01 am

We are having similar issues with the ATEM Extreme ISO and the Pocket Cinema 4ks - Tally and camera control just does not work sometimes.

Sometimes we lose it part way through a stream.

I've contacted support about this.

AZChurchMedia

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 12:05 am

Having the same issue except with the Blackmagic Studio 4K Pro and the ATEM Mini Pro. Is there any solutions. I have tried pretty much everything the OP has tried to fix it.

fcormz

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 4:17 pm

Having the same issue with the 4k. It seems if you have any computer hdmi plugged in, the connection stops. The only workaround I have found is to make sure only cameras are plugged into the atem when it is first booted up. Then you can do your camera controls and once it looks decent you can plug in the laptop hdmi and the camera control is halted .

BennoZ

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 6:20 am

I had exactly the same issue, I solved it by putting a CEC killer between laptop and Atem.

thomas.hoste

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi there,

I'm sorry, I've forgot to reply to my own post for a while :) .
Thanks a lot for all the tips! I'm always working with non-Blackmagic cams in combination with 6K's, and yes, sometimes I add a Macbook with a HDMI-input.
I'll keep an eye out for it in the future and I'll keep you posted when I found some kind of a solution!

Kind regards,

Thomas Hoste (Belgium)

Kev Hamm

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 am

We are having the same issue but this time we had people watching and being very quick and we discovered that sometimes we lost tally until we killed the streaming. Once we did that, the tally came back, but now we can't stream until we restart the board because of course we can't. This is dumb. Anyone have an idea why this would be?

BennoZ

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 10:18 am

Do you have only camera’s connected?
Try to attach only one camera and see if tally keeps working when you’re live. Than attach the second camera and check again and so on.

Return to Live Production