Lack of 2nd Output on Mini Pro Iso

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

riSpekt_Media

Lack of 2nd Output on Mini Pro Iso

PostSun Jul 18, 2021 4:44 pm

As there is only the one HDMI output from the AMPI, are there any hacks enabling you to monitor the multi-screen and send program to another HDMI source?

henrychan

Re: Lack of 2nd Output on Mini Pro Iso

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 8:57 pm

What you ask requires additional hardware. Check out the ATEM Mini Extreme, which have the necessary chips to support two HDMI outputs. This model also comes in ISO variaion.

Jim Simon

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Yup, the Extreme is what you want.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

riSpekt_Media

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm

I guess I should have asked... short of buying an Extreme... has anyone found a way of getting a second clean output so I can have Multiscreen and Program? Has anyone tried Streaming Bridge as a way of doing this?

Tim_Partridge

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 6:24 pm

I suppose you could plug the Mini Pro into a laptop as a web cam then use a utility to view that web cam full screen and send that screen to the HDMI output of the laptop.

Quality may well suffer a bit though and there may be a slight lag. If you just want it for confidence monitoring purposes so your talent can see the program it would probably suffice. The stream from the ATEM would be unaffected if that is how you broadcast.

Alternatively if you are not streaming the output anywhere, you could buy a Streaming Bridge and stream program to that which would give you HDMI and SDI output with a bit of a lag.

The more expensive option is to buy the Extreme ISO instead as others have mentioned. This also gives you extras like four more inputs, headphone output, a 2nd Picture in picture, a 2nd Downstream keyer 2nd still media player and Super source (up to four inputs arranged on a background). It is not quite a doubling of the Pro ISO as you still only have one program, but you can put that on one of the HDMI outs and the multiview on the other.

Regards,

Tim

Raphaël Jacquot

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 am

riSpekt_Media wrote:I guess I should have asked... short of buying an Extreme... has anyone found a way of getting a second clean output so I can have Multiscreen and Program? Has anyone tried Streaming Bridge as a way of doing this?

that will work, you will have a delay though

Return to Live Production