ATEM Mini Pro "Composite" possible?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JeremyLaurenson

ATEM Mini Pro "Composite" possible?

PostTue Jul 20, 2021 7:04 pm

I am looking to potentially buy a Mini Pro, but need to know if it can do what I need it to.
Specifically I need to have a still image background, with two live sources composited on top in separate areas:

adamtow

Re: ATEM Mini Pro "Composite" possible?

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 3:00 am

You can somewhat do it, but an ATEM Mini Extreme or Extreme ISO is going to make it a lot easier with its two DVEs and SuperSource features.

To approximate this on the ATEM Mini Pro, you'll need to do the following:

1. Use the USK DVE to position the bottom-right box. You have to use the USK because it can resize the video.

2. The background image will be your primary input, probably your Media Player.

3. The larger video would use the DSK with the fill being the camera source and the key being black. You would then invert the key and use the mask to crop the top, bottom, left, and right to form the larger box. The downside to this is that you can shrink the image to fit the crop. So, to get the look in your screenshot, you'll have to use a really wide-angle lens for the larger image.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Jim Simon

Re: ATEM Mini Pro "Composite" possible?

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 3:37 pm

This is pretty easy on the Extreme model. Given all it's other advantages, you should seriously consider that one over the original Mini.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Live Production