4K UHD URSA Broadcast Camera - BACKORDER

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Charles_Lincoln

4K UHD URSA Broadcast Camera - BACKORDER

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm

We paid for and have been waiting for the Blackmagic Design 4K UHD URSA Broadcast Camera to ship for about 3 months. Can anyone provide any type of ETA on when these cameras are shipping? I know COVID disrupted the supply chain but it did not disrupt BM ability to communicate with it's buyers.

Can ANYONE provide any insight regarding a possible ETA on these cameras shipping? :?: :?:

Linden deCarmo

Re: 4K UHD URSA Broadcast Camera - BACKORDER

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 am

Similar thread from last year. 4-6 week lead time.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=121194&p=667707&hilit=ursa+backorder#p667707

We just ordered two BlackMagic OpenGear frames. One shipped immediately, the other has been back ordered for 3+ weeks and I'm still working on getting an ETA. My guess is the non-high volume products are currently 2-4 months lead time if the retailer (Adorama, B&H etc. don't have it in stock).

David Hutchinson

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 pm

I ordered 5 Ursa Broadcast back in February, and still waiting. I got this from my supplier last week.

So far, we still don’t have lead-times to confirm, but I’ve included a transcript from our lasted update from Blackmagic. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to communicate regularly with Blackmagic to make sure our orders are current, so there’s no further delays when stock arrives in the U.K. Many brands continue to be affected by supply-chain problems, so this delay is not only isolated to Blackmagic. We hope as restrictions continue to lift, further improvements will follow.

Blackmagic – 19/07/21

Along with chipset shortages , we have also seen a massive increase in demand for a number of our products in the last couple of months and this increase in global sales has caused some backlogs due the high demand.
We hope to be able to ship more products soon and we will provide more information as and when we get it from the factory. At this time, we have no units in transit to be able to advise a delivery timescale.

Item(s) outstanding for this Order:

5x - Blackmagic Ursa Broadcast

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 am

Charles_Lincoln wrote:We paid for and have been waiting for the Blackmagic Design 4K UHD URSA Broadcast Camera to ship for about 3 months.

PAID FOR??? :o :shock: What do you mean paid for?? BMD does not charge your dealer until the product is ready to ship.. So why did you already pay for it? That is ridiculous!!! :?

And yes Ursa Broadcast i know a few companies around here that are waiting 7/8 months now without any notice when it will ship...

BMD seems to have a big issue.. Mainly caused by the worldwide chip shortage!! Which is a major pain in the A..

We also produce products and got a notice from a chip manufacturer that the chip we have in a product will not be available anymore before october 2022!! That is more then a year from now.. Basically rendering our product to be non existing.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production