Weird picture glitch with PTZOptics camera - SOLVED

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

weskimcom

Weird picture glitch with PTZOptics camera - SOLVED

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 am

EDIT: Okay, figured this out based on reading other posts. Don't plug the PTZs into input 1. :)

Hi, all - I'm just starting out with an ATEM Mini Pro and some cameras, and I'm seeing a weird intermittent glitch.

ATEM Mini Pro with latest software
Cameras 1 & 2: PTZOptics 30X-SDI Gen 2, latest firmware, both set to 1080p30 (system setting 6)
Camera 3: Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder, set to HD resolution (not 4K)

Every once in a while without warning, the picture on Camera 1 snaps to a vertically stretched image (see attachment). It'll usually snap back within seconds, but sometimes it'll flip back and forth several times in succession.

I tried a shorter HDMI run in case that was the issue, but it still happened. Then I swapped cameras 1 and 2 to see if it was something with the camera, but the problem was still on HDMI input 1. Then I switched the Sony camcorder to input 1, which seemed to fix things, but I'm just wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong either on the Mini Pro side or the camera side.

Tips/corrections welcome, thanks!

MIniProPTZOpticsGlitch.JPG
--
Wes Kim
Seattle

AvenellR

Re: Weird picture glitch with PTZOptics camera - SOLVED

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

I am having this same issue with a new ATEM Mini Extreme ISO. This post is listed as SOLVED, but I don't see a solution or any replies. If you have an idea of why this is happening, please reply, thank you!

Return to Live Production