Multiple preview/programs lights on ATEM Mini Extreme ISO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mike Griffith

Multiple preview/programs lights on ATEM Mini Extreme ISO

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 3:27 am

I plugged in my ATEM Mini Extreme ISO for the first time today. I did the prompted firmware update and I'm sitting at 8.6.1 and using an M1 Macbook Pro running Big Sur.

I set up for the preview/program bus with the ATEM Setup utility (though a version of this problem exists in cut bus mode too)

When I select IN1 as a preview on the ATEM and take it, the "1" button on the ATEM lights up red as expected but so does IN3 (but in a half-lit kind of way). If I preview IN2, IN3 becomes yellow. If I select IN5 in preview (IN1 is still hot) IN3 is red, IN5 is green but so is IN7 (half green).

Do I have a bad ATEM? The white lights for the input volume for each input also flicker. (The software seems to reflect the "real" selections and doesn't show multiple sources in preview or program light the actual hardware does)

I appreciate any troubleshooting thoughts. Image attached showing the problem.

Thanks!
Mike
Attachments
AMEI_2021-07-27-squashed.jpg
AMEI_2021-07-27-squashed.jpg (712.13 KiB) Viewed 595 times

Xtreemtec

Re: Multiple preview/programs lights on ATEM Mini Extreme IS

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 am

Yup sounds like an solder issue in the LED matrix creating a faulty color representation.

Contact your dealer or shoot a ticket to BMD for RMA.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production