Web presenter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dsoethe

Web presenter

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 4:13 am

I have an ATEM 2ME switcher and a hyperdeck studio, that i can control via the ATEM Control software.
I'm considering getting a web presenter and want to have it appear as another hyperdeck so I can start/stop stream via the ATEM software.
Even with macro...
It'd also be cool if it had a GPO so I can turn on an "On-Air" light when streaming starts...
Thx

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: Web presenter

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 10:02 pm

dsoethe wrote:I have an ATEM 2ME switcher and a hyperdeck studio, that i can control via the ATEM Control software.
I'm considering getting a web presenter and want to have it appear as another hyperdeck so I can start/stop stream via the ATEM software.
Even with macro...

not possible as they use different protocols (still telnet)
It'd also be cool if it had a GPO so I can turn on an "On-Air" light when streaming starts...

as you can control the device via telnet, you can use anything to start / stop and request current status, such as a streamdeck

distinctit

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Hey, were you able to get this feature to work ? I am also interested in triggering “on air” on the web presenter via Broadcast panel / atem software or macros.

Regards.

Dave Del Vecchio

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 5:32 pm

The built-in ATEM macros are really only capable of executing commands that are supported by the ATEM switchers and ATEM SDK. And unlike with the HyperDeck control (which is built-in to recent ATEM firmware), there is no similar direct support for the Web Presenter Ethernet control protocol yet. Which means that it's not possible currently to control a Web Presenter via an ATEM macro.

You could, however, use external control software like Bitfocus Companion to perform actions on both devices (ATEM and Web Presenter) since it has support for both:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146585#p785611

distinctit

Web presenter

PostSun Apr 23, 2023 2:48 pm

Is it possible to use a USB-C dongle with a web presenter to provide an additional internet source? I have two internet providers, with one connected to the back Ethernet port. If I use a USB-C to Ethernet dongle from Amazon and connect it to the front USB-C port, will it work? Specifically, if the internet connection from the provider connected to the back port drops, will the USB-C dongle provide internet to allow me to continue streaming?

Return to Live Production