Videohub 40x40 6G, no output (almost)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MNCreative

Videohub 40x40 6G, no output (almost)

PostSat Aug 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi!

I have a Videohub 40x40 6G and several HDMI-SDI 3G Microconverter as well as SDI-HDMI 3G Microconverter.
I have no problem getting any of my signals (Brightsign Player, PC,...) in the Videohub, but I have serious problems getting the signals out of the video hub. I tried it at home with two TVs. My Samsung TV outputs audio AND video, but the image drops from time to time (while the audio keeps on playing) and restores after 3-4seconds. I also tried to connect a LG TV but there I get literally no output at all.
I also tried a BenQ computer monitor>>no output as well. The SDI-HDMI Microconverter blinks once SDI is connected and fully lights up when I connect the TVs, but the TVs say "no signal).

The setup is like this (f.e.):
Brightsign Player>>HDMI cable(1m)>>HDMI-SDI Microconverter>>SDI cable(1m)>>BMD Videohub>>SDI cable (1m)>>SDI-HDMI Microconverter>>HDMI cable (1m)>>TV

The signal is most of the time 1080p 60hz.

In a few weeks it is planned that I will have 40 TVs connected to the Videohub with serverals different inputs (3-4 TV signals, Brightsign Player, TV, different computers). Until then I need a solution to my problem...

Thanks!

Jamesjaros

Re: Videohub 40x40 6G, no output (almost)

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Do you have a decimator or some form of scaler to make sure that's exactly what signal you are sending? Also confirm the router is outputting 1080 60hz. Sounds like you are dropping sync to me.

David Hutchinson

PostSat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 am

So the first thing is to find where in the signal chain the problem fist appears. I would suggest checking before videohub input, then what comes out of it.

eMilty

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 am

Be sure to update your coverters to software version 7.5.3 released on 7 september 2021. This release fixes similar flickering issues between the converters and the ATEM Mini. So maybe this update also fixes your problem.

Return to Live Production