Weird Resolution Problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Garrett Hestla

Weird Resolution Problem

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello, we installed an 8K 12G switcher and 12G Video Hub in a video production room at a live venue. The output of the switcher is routing SDI through the video hub to several devices, one of which is a Barco F80 (SDI input). The resolution is good on everything except the Barco. The Barco is translating the image as 1080i instead of the actual resolution the switcher is set to - 1080p. So the image is stretched vertically. This was not the case when we installed but a recent development.
When we use a decimator inline between the videohub and the projector the image is sized correctly.
When I use a signal generator plugged SDI into the projector the image is OK.
We are baffled.

robertsmu

Re: Weird Resolution Problem

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Are you absolutely sure that you set the output (in the software) of the Constellation switcher to 1080p? And what is the source being stretched? Is it a PC or is it every source output from the switcher?

I would put a Video Assist on the SDI output of the Videohub and read the specs of the signal there.

Garrett Hestla

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 8:04 pm

Yeah I have tested everything extremely well. I patched directly from the switcher outputs to the projector and the problem persists. I updated all the fiirmware. I also tried changing the resolution to something else then back to 1080P.

robertsmu

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Did you set the 3G SDI Output Level on the switcher to level A?

Return to Live Production