Camera control and tally with Studio Converter and VideoHub

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

gabuenoo

Camera control and tally with Studio Converter and VideoHub

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi!

I'm making three studios using blackmagic enviroment but I was not abble to get an answear within documentations and research:

In the studios I'll use Blackmagic Studio Camera 4k Pro and I'll have one control room for all studios, so I'll be using Blackmagic VideoHub for routing all cameras, monitors, Multiviews and ATEM Switchers.

All the cameras will be set-up with a Blackmagic Studio Converter using 10G Ethernet cable.

So here is my question: Since ATEM PGM output will be connected to VideoHub for routing to my control room and studio monitors, if I also route it to the Studio Converter the information for tally, camera control and PGM will also return to the cameras?

Also, does anyone know where I can find Blackmagic Studio Converter user manual?

Thanks in advance :)

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Camera control and tally with Studio Converter and Video

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 1:30 am

It is perfectly acceptable to use a Videohub to route program video to cameras for control and tally. The Videohub does not remove any data or add any delay. The manual for the Studio converter will be available when the product is released. You may post questions about it here and we will try to answer if possible.

Regards Gary.
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production