ATEM MINI PRO HDMI OUT ISSUES

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kevbmat

ATEM MINI PRO HDMI OUT ISSUES

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 am

Hi there,

I have an Atem Mini Pro and we have an issue with the HDMI Output as it keeps on changing colors sometimes a whole black screen, sometimes a whole purple screen basically changes colors again and again at times ( I HAVE ATTACHED A PIC). We had the same issue with this same model 7 months ago and they offered us a replacement since we had our warranty still on but the replacement has also started with this same issue after 7 months. Does anyone know why this happens? It would be really helpful as I am clueless and we run a live stream using this every week.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 11.56.41.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 11.56.41.jpeg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 935 times

Jeff P

Re: ATEM MINI PRO HDMI OUT ISSUES

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm

Do you have another monitor you can swap in to see if it produces the same results?

TinenTech

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 7:45 pm

How long is your HDMI cable? I've had some anomalies that went away when I switched from a 16' to a 10' HDMI cable.

When it's in this purple condition, unplug the power to the ATEM and reboot it. If it's still purple, I'd suspect the screen, maybe.

singingzoologist

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 3:32 am

I just had to buy a new ATEM Mini because my HDMI out went kaput. My issues were a bit different--lines and static in display and/or image flickering and weird colors and my audio was out almost entirely (which is the whole reason I bought this system).

So, Blackmagic folks, I think you might have an issue here. Mine died after 16 months or so. Rather frustrating, to say the least!
Lucas Miller
www.singingzoologist.com
Youtube.com/user/biorhythms
ATEM Mini Pro

Return to Live Production