ATEM Firmware update question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TinenTech

ATEM Firmware update question

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 10:37 pm

One more thing...

When I was going through the list of software updates for the ATEM Mini Pro, it says for the latest version:
"Minimum System Requirements for macOS
macOS 11.0 Big Sur or later
macOS 10.15 Catalina"

I'm on 10.14 Mojave at the moment.

1. Does that mean I can't update the firmware v. 8.6.3 unless I upgrade to Catalina (which is as high as my MacBook Pro will go? The earliest ATEM software package that says it's compatible with Mojave is 8.5.3 from December, 2020.

2. Is there a way to find out what version firmware my ATEM is running "out of the box"? Perhaps it's already at the current version?

Thanks,

--Dan

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: ATEM Firmware update question

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 7:02 am

TinenTech wrote:One more thing...

When I was going through the list of software updates for the ATEM Mini Pro, it says for the latest version:
"Minimum System Requirements for macOS
macOS 11.0 Big Sur or later
macOS 10.15 Catalina"

I'm on 10.14 Mojave at the moment.

1. Does that mean I can't update the firmware v. 8.6.3 unless I upgrade to Catalina (which is as high as my MacBook Pro will go? The earliest ATEM software package that says it's compatible with Mojave is 8.5.3 from December, 2020.

2. Is there a way to find out what version firmware my ATEM is running "out of the box"? Perhaps it's already at the current version?

Thanks,

--Dan

yes, you'd have to upgrade your mac
8.6.3 doesn't have any firmware update for the mixers, it has firmware update for the 4x camera controller

Return to Live Production